- Latest News: Continental Reinsurance Plc’s retains B+ (Good) Financial Strength Rating
- Latest News: Continental Re named Most Innovative Reinsurer (Africa) at CFI.co Awards
- Latest News: 2023 pan-African (Re)Insurance Journalism Awards: Entries Open
- Latest News: Continental Re’s CEO speaks to CNN’s ‘Connecting Africa’
- Latest News: All episodes of the INSURANCE MATTERS podcast from the start. Now available on Spotify
Board of Directors
Mr Lawrence Mutsunge Nazare
Group Managing Director
Mr Lawrence Mutsunge Nazare has over 30 years’ experience in the insurance industry. He started his professional insurance career with Zimbabwe Reinsurance Corporation in 1990. He then moved to Intermarket Reinsurance in 1999 and left as Managing Director in 2010 to join Continental Reinsurance Plc as the Group Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer.
Mr Nazare has held key positions in the insurance industry, including Chairman of the Organization of Eastern and Southern African Insurers (OESAI) – 2012 to 2015; Chairman of Zimbabwe Association of Reinsurance Offices, 2001-2004; Chairman of Insurance Council of Zimbabwe, 2005 to 2008 and Executive Committee/Board Member of East & Southern African Insurers & Reinsurers – 2002 to 2018. He is also a member of the Institute of Directors, Nigeria.
Mr. Nazare holds a Bachelor of Law (Hons) Degree and a post-graduate Bachelor of Laws Degree from the University of Zimbabwe and is an admitted Legal Practitioner. He is an Associate in Reinsurance of the Insurance Institute of America and an Associate of the Insurance Institute of South Africa.