Our Footprint

Continental Reinsurance currently operates from six strategic locations across the continent through a combination of regional and subsidiary offices.

Our Footprint

The group’s non-life gross written premium grew by 36% in 2019 over the performance in 2018 from NGN30.03 billion to NGN40.87 billion.

The group’s performance in 2019 is further confirmation of the continued viability of Continental Re’s geographical expansion strategy. This has helped to further achieve penetration into and deepening of our markets and resulted in spreading and diversification of risk. As earlier stated, for effective coverage of the African continent, Continental Re currently operates in six strategic locations across the continent through a combination of regional and subsidiary offices.

In 2019 the Lagos business constituted 42% of the total non-life business compared the previous year’s contribution of 43%. On the other hand, Nairobi and Gaborone subsidiary contributed 25% and 15% compared to the contribution of 22% and 14% respectively in 2018. Douala subsidiary contributed 4% while Tunis and Abidjan offices contributed 9% and 4% each to the total non-life premium.

Life business grew significantly in 2019 by 63% to NGN6.79 billion from NGN4.16 billion in 2018.

Africa Placeholder
Africa

Click region for contact details

Click region for
contact details

The group’s non-life gross written premium grew by 36% in 2019 over the performance in 2018 from NGN30.03 billion to NGN40.87 billion.

The group’s performance in 2019 is further confirmation of the continued viability of Continental Re’s geographical expansion strategy. This has helped to further achieve penetration into and deepening of our markets and resulted in spreading and diversification of risk. As earlier stated, for effective coverage of the African continent, Continental Re currently operates in six strategic locations across the continent through a combination of regional and subsidiary offices.

In 2019 the Lagos business constituted 42% of the total non-life business compared the previous year’s contribution of 43%. On the other hand, Nairobi and Gaborone subsidiary contributed 25% and 15% compared to the contribution of 22% and 14% respectively in 2018. Douala subsidiary contributed 4% while Tunis and Abidjan offices contributed 9% and 4% each to the total non-life premium.

Life business grew significantly in 2019 by 63% to NGN6.79 billion from NGN4.16 billion in 2018.

Group life contributed 95% of the total premium of NGN6.79 billion generated in 2019, down by 2% from 97% contribution in 2018. This mix still shows the continued dominance of the Group life business, a trend expected to continue over the next couple of years mainly due to the impact of the Nigerian pension reform act where the bulk of the premiums are generated. The trend is however expected to taper as the individual life business is beginning to gain more acceptance.

Our core service products

We offer services across the full spectrum of non-life and life business lines. Our clients enjoy unparalleled reinsurance underwriting, claims, advisory and training services.

Our Offices

Lagos office

Ogadi Onwuaduegbo

General Manager (Operations)

Contact details

Continental Reinsurance Plc 17 Olosa Street, Victoria Island, Lagos P.O Box 2401 Lagos, Nigeria
Tel: +234 708067 1600
E-mail: OOnwuaduegbo@continental-re.com

Douala office

Oumar BA

Managing Director, Continental Reinsurance CIMA subsidiary

Contact details

Continental Reinsurance Plc Mairie Douala 1er Bonanjo
Tel: +237 233 422 494
Email: oba@continental-re.com

Abidjan office

Oumar BA

Managing Director, Continental Reinsurance CIMA subsidiary

Contact details
Continental Reinsurance Plc
4e étage, immeuble CONTINENTAL RE (ex – SCI Kali), Rue Pierre & Marie Curie X Rue Docteur Calmette – Zone 4C / Marcory – Abidjan 01 B.P 1073 Abidjan 01, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Tel: +225 21598490
Email: oba@continental-re.com

Tunis office

Dorsaf Sassi

Regional Director

Contact details
Continental Reinsurance Plc
Rue Lac Léman, Imm Regency- Bloc “C” 2ème étage- Bur 207, 1053 Les Berges du Lac – Tunis
Tel: +216 71 964 997 / 988
E-mail: dsassi@continental-re.com

Nairobi office

Souvik Banerjea

Managing Director

Contact details
Continental Reinsurance Ltd
197 Lenana Place (4th Floor), Lenana Road, Nairobi
Tel: +254 2429391/2/3, 020-5137701
E-mail: sbanerjea@continental-re.com

Gaborone office

Francis Nzwili

Managing Director

Contact details

Continental Reinsurance
Company Ltd, 1st Floor, Plot 67977, Fairgrounds, Gaborone
Tel: +267 3974384
Email: fnzwili@continental-re.com

LET'S WORK TOGETHER

Questions? Get in touch

We have a diversified team of experts strategically deployed throughout our regional operations.