- Latest News: Continental Reinsurance Plc’s retains B+ (Good) Financial Strength Rating
- Latest News: Continental Re named Most Innovative Reinsurer (Africa) at CFI.co Awards
- Latest News: 2023 pan-African (Re)Insurance Journalism Awards: Entries Open
- Latest News: Continental Re’s CEO speaks to CNN’s ‘Connecting Africa’
- Latest News: All episodes of the INSURANCE MATTERS podcast from the start. Now available on Spotify
Here you will find a list of frequently asked questions about reinsurance and our company.
Please note that the answers given here are intended to offer a general guide as to what is involved in the referenced issue. These answers are not intended as advice. If your questions are not listed, please contact us.
What is reinsurance?
Reinsurance is the insurance of an insurance company.
Reinsurance is a further spread of risk and involves the insurance company transferring part of the risk to a reinsurance company.
Reinsurance can be considered as the business of insurance across the boundaries of two or more countries.
What is the difference between insurance and reinsurance?
Insurance deals directly with the public while reinsurance has no contractual capacity with the public.
What are the products offered by Continental Reinsurance?
Can Continental Reinsurance deal with the public directly?
No, as a reinsurer, we work directly with insurance companies rather than the public, but Continental Reinsurance may offer advice as to the best insurance products that will suit the need of the insuring public, and connect the public to vibrant and transparent insurance companies.