- Latest News: Continental Re appoints Kevin Kiambi Mworia to lead its Kenya subsidiary
- Resilience and Reflection: Lessons from Beirut's Port Tragedy
- Latest News: Winners of 2023 (Re)insurance Journalism Awards announced
- Latest News: Survey reveals how Africa’s insurance CEOs view rise of technology
- Latest News: Continental Reinsurance Plc’s retains B+ (Good) Financial Strength Rating
- Latest News: Continental Re named Most Innovative Reinsurer (Africa) at CFI.co Awards
- Latest News: Continental Re’s CEO speaks to CNN’s ‘Connecting Africa’
- Latest News: All episodes of the INSURANCE MATTERS podcast from the start. Now available on Spotify
Executive Director – Technical Operations
Chukwuemeka Akwiwu (also known as Emeka) has over 20 years of experience in the reinsurance industry, having held senior managerial positions in Europe and South Africa. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Government and Public Administration from Abia State University, Nigeria. He also has a Diploma in Insurance from the Chartered Insurance Institute, London.
Before joining Continental Reinsurance in 2021, Emeka held several positions with Gen Re in Manchester, London, and Johannesburg spanning 20 years (2001 – 2021), including P&C Sub Sahara Regional Manager, Property Manager South Africa and Property Manager UK and Ireland.