WORK WITH US
Experience - 5+ Year
Location - Eastern Region – KenyaApply Now
The Reinsurance Underwriter assesses a company’s risk profile and determines/negotiates the appropriate pricing, coverage, terms and conditions by analyzing a company’s financial statements/operations/management/industry and other information. Including, but not limited to the company’s viability, issues, governance, regulatory environment, and experience. The underwriter analyzes, with a high level of technical expertise, exposures to loss, develops an adequate premium charge for the exposure, and determines appropriate endorsements and exclusions to address loss exposures for the insurance contract. The underwriter continually analyzes premium and loss results in their territory by agency, state, major class of industry and by line of business.
About Continental Reinsurance
Continental Reinsurance is a composite private pan-African reinsurer that has been on the continent for more than 30 years writing business in more than 50 countries across the African continent. Established in 1985, Continental Reinsurance provides support to over 200 insurance companies in Africa with its main offices in Nigeria, Cameroon, Kenya, Côte d’Ivoire, Tunisia and Botswana.
- Bachelor of Commerce / Insurance / BSc Mathematics / Statistics / BSc Engineering would be beneficial.
- Professional qualifications in Insurance, ACII or equivalent. Candidates must have enrolled in ACII or other professional bodies, and be able to demonstrate progress
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in insurance, risk management is required.
- Strong numeracy and technical skills.
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively, including understanding complex problems and being able to explain them clearly to others
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accurate and exceptional attention to detail. Responsible for accurate data input with strong attention to detail and quality control (proof work and follow-up where necessary).
- Proactive approach to organization with ability to plan and prioritize work
- General computer competency, including experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong computer skills required; Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Candidate must be flexible, team oriented, demonstrate strong technical and analytical skills, along with the ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments from multiple people.
- Must be able to create and run reports from system application. Must be proactive and willing to manage the system process
Interested applicants should make an application through firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.