- Latest News: Highlights from the 7th Pan-African Journalism Awards [Video]
- Latest News: All episodes of the INSURANCE MATTERS podcast from the start. Now available on Spotify
- Latest News: Winners of the 2022 pan-African (re)insurance journalism awards announced
- Latest News: Continental Re’s CEO speaks to CNN’s ‘Connecting Africa’
WORK WITH US
Personal Assistant to the Group Managing Director (GMD)
Experience - 5+ years
Location - Lagos, NigeriaApply Now
Purpose: To provide high-level, confidential administrative support to the office of the Group Managing Director (GMD).
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the GMD including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the GMD’s schedule is followed and respected
- Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the GMD’s time and office.
- Works closely and effectively with the GMD to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Responsible for organizing of internal and external meetings on behalf of the GMD ensuring all necessary requirements are made e.g. meeting venue, equipment, presentations, prepare agendas.
- Provide executive and administrative support to GMD.
- Responsible for organizing GMD travel and logistics including flights, visa requirements, hotel accommodation, car rental, meeting schedules while travelling and completing expenses.
- Monitor and respond to incoming communications (including complaints) to GMD’s office including phone calls, emails and walk-ins, ensuring correct department distribution.
- Confidence in working with senior internal and external stakeholders at director level
- Well placed sense of judgement and political skills, able to exercise absolute discretion and confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly competent IT skills across standard Microsoft packages
- Competent note-taking and typing capability
- Good Secretarial experience
- Good Administrative experience.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and Five (5) years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors
- Good Presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat
Deadline: Friday, 30th September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.