WORK WITH US
Assistant Manager, Life Underwriter/Risk
Experience - 5+ Year
Location - Francophone West Africa – CameroonApply Now
The Life Underwriter will be responsible for ensuring proper operation of Life portfolio covering underwriting and claims. The incumbent will manage business relationships with assigned cedants and brokers to achieve sustainable profitability, liquidity and business growth, service the underwriting requirement of the market and/or companies assigned by the Head of Department. Other duties include data input, risk analysis, confirmation of accounts, servicing of client accounts, marketing and public relations activities.
About Continental Reinsurance
Continental Reinsurance is a composite private pan-African reinsurer that has been on the continent for more than 30 years writing business in more than 50 countries across the African continent. Established in 1985, Continental Reinsurance provides support to over 200 insurance companies in Africa with its main offices in Nigeria, Cameroon, Kenya, Côte d’Ivoire, Tunisia and Botswana
Minimum Academic, Professional Qualifications & Experience required for this position
- University degree in a highly numerate degree (e.g. Actuarial Science, Maths, Statistics) /HND in relevant discipline plus professional qualification e.g. CIIN.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate work experience, as a life underwriter within the insurance sector
- Strong IT Skills essential (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Knowledge of reinsurance market and concepts essential
- Life insurance marketing
- Statistical / Analytical / Problem solving ability essential