WORK WITH US
Assistant Manager, Agriculture Underwriter
Experience - 5+ Year
Location - Anglophone West Africa – NigeriaApply Now
The Agriculture Underwriter will be responsible for developing and executing the agriculture reinsurance strategy. This includes, but not limited to market research, managing and developing the agribusiness reinsurance line by generating new business and improving the performance of existing business. The role will also responsible for ensuring the enforcement of effective credit control, delivery of set loss ratio and claims management framework.
About Continental Reinsurance
Continental Reinsurance is a composite private pan-African reinsurer that has been on the continent for more than 30 years writing business in more than 50 countries across the African continent. Established in 1985, Continental Reinsurance provides support to over 200 insurance companies in Africa with its main offices in Nigeria, Cameroon, Kenya, Côte d’Ivoire, Tunisia and Botswana.
- At least a degree in any of the following disciplines; Agricultural Economics, General Agriculture, Horticultural science, Animal Science, Agricultural Education or an equivalent. A masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Diploma in Insurance.
- Have more than 5 years of experience in the agricultural finance and risk management domain with the ambition to build and develop interfaces to governments, NGOs and development banks and organizations by leveraging your excellent network.
- Client focused, persistent and know how to turn customer needs into solutions and transactions.
- Good understanding of concept of agriculture (re)insurance.
- Feel comfortable with supporting the follow-up and transaction management with public sector clients and our (re)insurance partners.
- Skilled in prioritizing and running multiple projects in parallel.