Corporate Social Investment (CSI) is one of the ways in which we take an active role in the advancement and development of others. The educational element of the CSI strategy ties in with insurance becoming more popular in African countries and therefore the need for developing further technical capacity and understanding of the industry by the media.
Some CSI initiatives:
Continental Reinsurance has a long tradition of donations towards various charities. We actively seek out collaboration in the area of social responsibility. This is in line with our mission strategy in the locations in which we operate.
In 2015, we were proud to lend our financial support to the following programmes and initiatives:
- SOS Children’s Village, Nigeria
- Wesley Schools for Hearing Impaired Children, Lagos
- Pacelli School for the Blind & Partially Sighted Children, NLagos
- Onikan Health Centre, Lagos
- National Handicap Carers Association of Nigeria (NAHCAN), Lagos
- Little Saints Orphanage, Lagos
- Hearts of Gold Children Hospice, Lagos
- Lagos State Rehabilitation Centre, Ikorodu
- Star Children Development Initiative, Ibadan
- Special Persons Association of Nigeria
- Street Project Foundation, Nigeria
- Ajofa Special Education Foundation for the Deaf, Nigeria
- Centre Des Handicapes Moteurs Don Orione, Côte d’Ivoire
- Njindom Health Centre, Cameroon
- Rotary Club, Kenya
- Micro Insurance Campaign, Kenya
We shall continue to tailor our CSR to meet the needs of local communities in line with our mission and values.